Michigan Meetings Expo 2013
June 17-18, 2013
Suburban Collection Showplace
46100 Grand River Ave., Novi, MI 48374
In order for every attendee to get the most out of the
Michigan Meetings Expo mobile app and to receive all email communication, each attendee must register individually.
Have you heard the big news? Destination Michigan has recently partnered with Event Garde to help reimagine the 2013 Michigan Meetings Expo!
- Convenient Location: Suburban Collection Showplace is Southeastern Michigan’s premier exposition, conference and banquet center. And we know you’re curious about the new hotel.
- Incentivized Attendance: We’ve heard you! You want to see new faces at this event. This year we’re specifically reaching out to a broader audience to encourage participation from all segments of the meetings industry.
- Deconstructed Expo: Say what? Although the details are hush-hush, you can expect a completely redesigned expo experience that breaks all of the traditional tradeshow rules (rumor is there may even be a progressive exhibitor lunch).
- Quality Education: You’ve come to respect the learning opportunities offered at this annual event. This year will be no exception. In fact, our attendees will vote on the opening general session topics in March.
- Intentional Networking: From collaborative learning experiences to innovative meal functions and a one-of-a-kind special networking event you won’t want to miss, plan to meet up with old friends and expand your professional network.
In a nutshell, you should expect the unexpected. The Michigan Meetings Expo has been completely reimagined in honor of Destination Michigan’s tenth anniversary. Make plans to attend this premier industry event!
Day One Social Media Workshop - $99 per person
Day Two – complimentary to meeting planners; suppliers must be registered exhibitors
Schedule (click here for the complete educational lineup)Monday, June 17
|9:00 - 9:15||Refreshments and Registration|
|9:15 - 10:00||Networking / Teambuilding Session|
|10:00 - 10:15||Networking Break|
|10:15 - 11:45||Social Media Session, part one|
|11:45 - 12:30||Networking Lunch|
|12:30 - 2:00||Social Media Session, part two|
|2:00 - 2:15||Networking Break|
|2:15 - 3:15||Meeting Budgets|
|3:15 - 3:30||Networking Break|
|3:30 - 4:30||Ask the Experts|
|8:00 - 9:00||Exhibitor Set-Up|
|8:30 - 9:30||Breakfast/Bonus Session from Day 1|
|9:00 - 9:30||Registration/Continental Breakfast Day 2|
|9:30 - 9:45||Welcome and Announcements|
|9:45 - 10:45||Top Meeting Planning Challenges|
|10:45 - 11:30||Networking with Exhibitors|
|11:30 - 12:30||Education Session|
|12:30 - 2:00||Progressive Lunch with Exhibitors|
|2:00 - 3:00||Education Session|
|3:00 - 3:30||Networking with Exhibitors|
|3:30 - 4:00||Wrap Up and Prizes|
Exhibitor List (updated 5/14/13)
|Adoba Hotel Dearborn/Detroit||Maumee Bay Lodge & Conference Center|
|Amway Hotel Collection||Metro Cars|
|Ann Arbor Area CVB||MI Meetings & Events Magazine|
|Bavarian Inn Lodge||MI SGMP|
|Bay Pointe Inn||MotorCity Casino Hotel|
|Boyne Resorts||Mount Pleasant Area CVB|
|Calhoun County Visitors Bureau||Odawa Casino Resort|
|Detroit Metro CVB||Otsego Club and Resort|
|Discover Kalamazoo||Park Place Hotel|
|Double JJ Resort||Premier Creative Group|
|DoubleTree by Hilton - Bay City||Quality Inn Forward Conf. Center|
|DoubleTree by Hilton - Novi||Radisson Plaza Hotel, Kalmazoo|
|Frankenmuth CVB||Shanty Creek Resorts|
|Grand Hotel||Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort|
|Great Lakes Bay Regional CVB||Suburban Collection Showplace|
|Great Wolf Lodge||The H Hotel|
|Greater Lansing CVB||The Henry Ford|
|Greektown Casino Hotel||The Inn at St. John's|
|Holiday Inn Battle Creek||Traverse City CVB|
|Holiday Inn Grand Rapids||Treetops Resort|
|Live Nation||Weber's Inn|
|Yarrow Golf & Conference Resort|
Giving Back to the Community
Operation: Kid Equip
The Michigan Meetings Expo is proud to support Operation: Kid Equip. Operation: Kid Equip's long term vision is a community where every child's basic needs are met. To accomplish this in the short term they provide free school supplies, books, hygiene and food items for children who are at-risk. To effect long term community improvement, they work to increase awareness of the issues facing school-aged children to help them succeed in school and in life.
We will be packing backpacks at the Expo this year. We ask that you bring supplies based on the following criteria:
Exhibitors: please bring at least one new backpack
- Last names A-F: #2 Pencils and 24 Packs of Crayola Crayons
- Last names G-L: Glue Sticks (no glue bottles), Rulers and Scissors
- Last names M-R: Blue, Black, Red Ink Pens and Markers
- Last names S-Z: Erasers - Pink or Pencil and Two Pocket Folders